Snake season hath cometh!
Dad and I were moving a rock pile the other day when, once again, he stuck his hand within 5 inches of a rattlesnake. Luckily when he tried to move the rock he kept his hands on the side of it and didn't grab underneath. And luckily, the snake was napping under the rock. Unaware of its fateful dismal end. I told Dad to wait while I ran to get the camera, because that's what I do. When I ran in the house, Mom was all confused to my haste and I informed her of the quasi-excitement and she decided to be a part of the action. You'll see what happened next in the video posted below:
Laying unaware...
Oh. SNAP. The best part is at 1:05 when the actual decapitation happens. The snake flips out and, as you can probably imagine, is not at ALL happy about having a hoe attack its head.
I'm not entirely sure if it's still alive in this shot, but he was still squirming, still showing his fangs to me, so... Yeah.

Now I ask you, where else on the internet can you go from cute Easter niece pictures to gross decapitated rattlesnake heads?
Don't answer that.
Author's Note 4/16/10:
You may have noticed that the video was disabled by YouTube due to "inappropriate content". I received a slap on the wrist, y'all. Apparently YouTube didn't find my "depiction of cruel behaviour" without "educational merit" appropriate for viewing. Okay, pansies. This is Texas. Where I come from, you get the rattlesnake before it gets you. Lesson. Learned.
2 comments:
ewww! lol
haha.. you got busted by YouTube.... that's embarassing!
Post a Comment