I like puzzles.
They irritate me to high hell while I do them, but once complete I'm totally proud of myself for showing commitment to finishing the project, and the new piece of wall art I've just produced.
I just completed a 1.5 foot by 2.5 foot 1,000 piece puzzle a couple of days ago. I did it over 5 days, though I'm estimating it took collectively less than 24 hours to complete. I like more fierce looking black dragons (think 'Reign of Fire'), but this white one is still pretty.
They irritate me to high hell while I do them, but once complete I'm totally proud of myself for showing commitment to finishing the project, and the new piece of wall art I've just produced.
I just completed a 1.5 foot by 2.5 foot 1,000 piece puzzle a couple of days ago. I did it over 5 days, though I'm estimating it took collectively less than 24 hours to complete. I like more fierce looking black dragons (think 'Reign of Fire'), but this white one is still pretty.

It will join the 3 foot by 4.5 foot 3,000 piece Caribbean scene puzzle in my hallway that took me 4 months to complete 2 years ago. Behold the power of the wide angle lens.

Both of those are Ravensburger puzzles, the company that makes 18,000 piece puzzles. I saw one in a store 2 years ago that I had been incredulous about at the time because I thought about how horrific it would be to sort out 18,240 pieces and deemed the idea crazy. Then, recently after discovering that Ravensburger graciously separates the puzzle into 4 bags comprising of roughly 4,500 pieces a piece, I decided that finishing 4 different puzzles to make one giant one was totally within my reach. They make a few, all but one I found visually unappealing. After all, it has to go up on my wall. The one I wanted, and saw in the store two years ago, was a puzzle of 4 historic world maps. When I go to see about purchasing the behemoth last month, I sadly found that it was discontinued last year and nowhere to be found online.
This one couple realized how fun it would be the moment they saw it. The puzzle is exactly 18,240 pieces and is 6 feet tall by 9 feet wide. It took them 1 year to finish.

Rock on.

Both of those are Ravensburger puzzles, the company that makes 18,000 piece puzzles. I saw one in a store 2 years ago that I had been incredulous about at the time because I thought about how horrific it would be to sort out 18,240 pieces and deemed the idea crazy. Then, recently after discovering that Ravensburger graciously separates the puzzle into 4 bags comprising of roughly 4,500 pieces a piece, I decided that finishing 4 different puzzles to make one giant one was totally within my reach. They make a few, all but one I found visually unappealing. After all, it has to go up on my wall. The one I wanted, and saw in the store two years ago, was a puzzle of 4 historic world maps. When I go to see about purchasing the behemoth last month, I sadly found that it was discontinued last year and nowhere to be found online.
This one couple realized how fun it would be the moment they saw it. The puzzle is exactly 18,240 pieces and is 6 feet tall by 9 feet wide. It took them 1 year to finish.

Rock on.
1 comment:
WOW!
Congratulations on finishing.
I'm currently working on this puzzle and was wondering how many rows of gold there around around the edges and between the pictures?
Thanks Deb
Post a Comment