Thursday, October 22, 2009

Katydid it.


Here's another lesson for you, class. Meet the Katydid. It's actual name is something I can't pronounce = Tettigoniidae. Tetris. Tetanus. Tet-a-gone-a-day? I have no idea.

I found it on my car this afternoon. So of course I ran to grab my camera. I put it 2 inches away from the bug's face. I don't think he liked it, because he started to crawl towards me. I was like, "Please, Jesus! Do NOT jump on me. I will scream bloody murder." And yes, if you were wondering, I named the bug Jesus. Jesus stayed put, though, and allowed me to photograph him. Jesus was about 3 inches long and his antennae were about 4 inches long. Jesus looked like a leaf.

2 comments:

Joy Jill Barker said...

You are really funny :) I think he is rather cute!

Unknown said...

awesome. Yeah, that's how you pronounce it--remember I took entomology! Jesus' brother was in my collection!