
This is what it looks like down at the edge of the giant family pond. The pond is about a month away from being no more. Mother Nature seriously needs to think about all of the poor fish, amphibians, reptiles and other hapless fresh water creatures that currently reside at the pond. The fishes' oxygen level is being depleted daily. The turtles are going to have to check out and commence on a treacherous voyage taking them to new lands never seen before, most likely across the dangerous black top which, considering the contest between the turtle and a vehicle going 60MPH, would lead to an unpleasant demise. The frogs will find their way into my back yard, along with the snakes and this will send me into a state of psychosis (from the snakes, not the frogs) of which I'm quite certain would take me weeks to recover.
In my own yard, away from any water source, there are giant cracks forming in the ground...that are being craftily concealed by the dead sprawls of grass. This is a perilous situation in more ways than one. One, I stepped on a hidden crack and almost broke my ankle. Two, I stepped on another hidden crack and almost broke my ankle. There's a pattern forming here, I can sense it!
No innocent creature needs to die a horrible, prolonged, sticky death. I certainly don't need the nightmares from snakes finding their way into my house. And I certainly don't need any broken bones.
SO. I say again, it seriously needs to rain.
3 comments:
Hmm... so whenever I read your posts, I feel like I could be reading a goofy book or magazine. You write with good vocabulary and with sense, yet it's also rather comical. I think perhaps you should venture into Reader's Digest world or something... you could write goofy little blurbs.
Just a thought...
Tee Hee. So that pattern is...
Step on a crack ... almost break ankle.
Yeah that isn't a good pattern.
Sorries.
And yes you should think about reader digest. =D
Your blogs make me feel happy again. Even though the last one was "It SERIOUSLY needs to rain..." I miss you!!!
Sooo I'm behind...I saw the post before this one and hadn't seen these. Then you mentioned your blog and I had to come catch up. :) No one mentioned the picture. I really like it. Gargantuous cracks.
Post a Comment